Saturday, March 14, 2015

Oh Boy

So, I don't know...I want to blog. Share my experiences and my life. I just struggle with what it is I want to talk about; or if anyone even cares what I have to talk about. My life has been a combination of really dumb mistakes and manipulating my way out of them that added up to making a spur of the moment career choice I love. Which, in turn, led to meeting a woman who significantly and positively changed my life. When I started blogging and social media endeavours, I was 18, aimless, poor in spirit, and about to have my whole world change. College, Sex, Loss, Drugs, Loss of Dignity, and eventually Losing Myself down a hole of Despair and Depression I would take years to climb out of.

5 years of self medicating on anything I could get my hands on and blaming anything and everything but myself for every failure. It wasn't until a summer in Missouri that involved an encounter with Jesus and his parables, ending my 9+ year relationship with nicotine, and hearing my call to a life of service in theatre as a wardrobe technician, that I started putting my life back together.

Now I'm a practicing Catholic, Knight of Columbus, Husband of the most amazing Woman, Full Time Wardrobe Technician at a regional theatre in Washington, DC. I'm refinding my love for hiking and the outdoors, building on my relationship with God, and living fully and unhindered by my former chains of drugs and depression. I still feel those losses, I still get sad, but instead of drugs and empty relationships, I pray and love.

#wardrobelife #reallife #mylife

No comments:

Post a Comment